Pahrump residents can expect a new backdrop for this year’s Fourth of July fireworks celebration as the Town of Pahrump prepares to host the 2026 Pahrump Freedom Festival at Ian Deutch Memorial Park. The annual fireworks show, traditionally held near Petrack Park, is relocating this year due primarily to safety concerns tied to continued residential growth surrounding the previous launch site.
The event, scheduled for Saturday, July 4 at 9 p.m., will feature a large-scale fireworks display presented by Zambelli Fireworks and the O’Brien family, with support from numerous local sponsors and the Town of Pahrump.
According to pyrotechnician Eddie O’Brien, the move became necessary as additional homes have been built near the former shoot site over the past several years.
“Safety was our major concern,” O’Brien explained. “You had housing getting closer and closer, and people sitting in areas that weren’t really safe, even after warnings. We were very lucky to even be able to shoot there last year.”
O’Brien said the previous location created growing concerns both for nearby structures and for spectators who would often position themselves close to the launch area despite repeated public advisories.
This year’s launch site will be located in the desert area just south of Ian Deutch Memorial Park, near Pahrump Valley Boulevard and the surrounding business area. Spectators will still be able to utilize the park and nearby open areas for viewing, while parking will be spread throughout the surrounding roads and lots.
“You’re still going to be able to sit close,” O’Brien said. “There’s the park, the surrounding desert areas, and parking all around Honeysuckle and nearby roads. It’s going to be different because it’s a whole new location for everybody.”
O’Brien noted that the orientation of the fireworks setup will also change this year. Unlike the previous east-west viewing layout at Petrack Park, the new setup will be designed north-to-south to better accommodate viewing from Ian Deutch Memorial Park and surrounding areas.
The new location also allows the crew to incorporate additional low-level pyrotechnic effects that were not feasible at the former site.
“This actually gives us a chance to show people low-level devices in a really great form,” O’Brien said. “We weren’t able to do that with the previous shoot site.”
The show itself is being handled by Eddie O’Brien and his father, John O’Brien, longtime pyrotechnicians privately contracted through Zambelli Fireworks. Eddie said his family has worked with the company for decades.
“My dad and I are the two main pyrotechnicians on the shoot,” he said. “We’re nervous and excited at the same time.”
The Town of Pahrump remains the primary host and financial supporter of the event, contributing funding for the fireworks production while local businesses and organizations help sponsor the celebration.
While details regarding vendors or additional festival activities had not yet been finalized at the time of the interview, O’Brien said he expects the event atmosphere to remain family-friendly and community focused.
“It’s going to be a blast,” he said. “I’m curious to see where everybody ends up watching from because this is such an open area. I think it’s going to be really fun.”
The Pahrump Freedom Festival fireworks show is scheduled for Saturday, July 4 at 9 p.m. at Ian Deutch Memorial Park. Sponsors listed for the event include Valley Communications Association, KNVE 95.1 FM, Pahrump News, Newvine Law, Gregory Hafen II, Charleston Peak Winery, Terrible’s Road House, Tiles for Miles Sales Inc, Romero’s Mexican Restaurant & Bar, Rent2Go, Law Office of Robin M. Holseth, Artesian Cellars and Westfield Jewelers.



